Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Some of you will want to cook the broccoli longer than the 5 minutes, but I like mine crisp. Lovely smooth sauce that you may want to use on other veggies. Not too bad on the calories either.
- 3 cups broccoli florets, steamed 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice, strained
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & pepper
- Melt the margarine and blend in the flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the remaining ingredients (except the broccoli).
- Cook over low heat until the mixture thickens.
- Serve over the hot broccoli.
Sighhhhh, Bergy, what can I say??? You're making me love my veggies a bit TOO MUCH... I'm turning into a cow!!! :-) I omitted the orange zest (I can't zest citrus for nuts!!!) and also used butter instead of margarine. That this recipe was FANTASTIC goes without saying! For the millionth time, thanks Bergy... you made my dinner! :-)
I really liked this sauce, the citrus taste was pretty strong (I may have added too much zest), and so yummy! We loved it! Thanks Bergy!