Recipe by Scarycarrie_ca
Broccoli never tasted so good! The recipe comes from Weight Watchers Great Cooking Everyday.
Top Review by Dee Licious
Both my DH and I agreed on this one. I was really hoping for something great but WOW it definitely wasn't that... In our opinion it was way too sweet and too orangy and the broccoli and orange didn't work well together at all. Maybe the person who forgot to put the otange juice in found the secret! As it was (and I followed the recipe exactly) it was inedible.
- 1 lb broccoli floret (approx. 2 1/2 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, disolved in
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket and set in a saucepan over 1 inch of boiling water.
- Cover and steam just until tender, approx.
- 5 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce, combine the orange juice, honey and ginger in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and return to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook the sauce until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat; stir in the lemon juice and the sesame oil.
- Arrange the broccoli in a serving bowl; top with the sauce, sprinkle with sesame seeds.