Recipe by lets.eat
For when you want something different from cheese sauce, lemon and plain hollandaise. Approved by my family. Recipe from Kitchen Miracles.
- 1 bunch broccoli (cut in florets)
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 egg yolk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter over low heat in a saucepan.
- Whisk together the orange juice and the egg yolk.
- In a double boiler bring water to a boil. In the top part of the double boiler add the egg mixture and whisk until lightened and thickened and streaks of the bowl are visible as you whisk. Remove the bowl from heat and in thin streams slowly whisk in the melted butter. Whisk until a yellow sauce forms. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside in a warm, but not hot, place.
- Fill a 4 quart pot half full of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Drop in the broccoli. Cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes, then drain. Place in serving bowl and top with the hollandaise.