Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from a recipe on allrecipes.com. For a different flavor, substitute orange juice and zest.
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 0.59 ml almond extract
- 14.79-29.58 ml lemon juice, to taste
- 4.92 ml lemon zest
- 59.14 ml blanched slivered almond, toasted
- Steam or boil broccoli until tender, approximately 4 to 8 minutes. Drain.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in almond extract, lemon juice. lemon zest, and almonds. Pour over hot broccoli, and serve.