Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
While looking for something different to do with broccoli this Thanksgiving, I came across this recipe from Mario Batali. The original recipe uses lemon AND orange zest. Because I am not a big fan of "orange" flavors in recipes, I decided to try this with just the lemon.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into spears, lengthwise
- 6 ounces dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 lemons, zest of
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil and garlic until just sizzling.
- Add the broccoli and cook, tossing regularly for 8 to 10 minutes, until the stem is tender.
- Use the wine to slow the cooking down if the garlic begins to brown.
- When the broccoli is tender, add the chile flakes and zest and place on a platter.
What a nice change from "steamed" broccoli! We loved this. The flavors are really nice. Used about 1/8 cup of wine. I used flowerettes instead of spears. Thanks for posting this!