Recipe by VegSocialWorker
From Farmer John's Cookbook: The Real Dirt on Vegetables. I make this without the peanut oil and just a splash of the sesame oil for my dietary needs, but wanted to post it as written. This is a wonderful way to serve steamed broccoli.
Top Review by Maito
Fast and delicious! I used only 2 tablespoons of the vinegar and took your lead on the peanut oil (omitted it, actually). I used a 12 oz. bag of broccoli, so this fed two of us. It was very yummy!
- 1 medium head of broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Seperate the florets from the stalk; break into smaller florets. Cut the stalk into 1-inch lengths and then into matchtick size strips.
- Place the broccoli into a steamer basket set over 1 1/2 inches of boiling water and cover. Steam for 5 minutes. Transfer broccoli to a bowl.
- Combine the remaning ingredients in a small bowl; stir until well combined. Pour the dressing over the broccoli and mix well.