Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My family has made this recipe for a long time. Not sure where my mom got it. It is very delicious and great for potlucks and barbecues.
- 7 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, do not drain
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- Cook tortellini according to package directions (I use the fresh tortellini that are tri-colored).
- Make sure to cut the broccoli into bite sized florets.
- I also lightly steam them before adding to the salad.
- In a large bowl mix together tortellini, broccoli, chopped parsley, pimento, UN-DRAINED artichoke hearts, green onions, basil and garlic powder.
- Add Italian dressing (I use Bernsteins Restaurant Recipe Italian or Newman's Own); stir to mix.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving, stir in olives, cherry tomatoes that have been cut in half, and parmesan cheese.