Recipe by loof
This recipe came from "Home Cookin' with Dave's Mom", modified just a bit to suit our taste. The book contains recipes from Dorothy Mengering, mother of late night talk show host David Letterman.
Top Review by linguinelisa
I wasn't really crazy about this recipe. I agree with what another reviewer wrote about the cooking time not being long enough. Perhaps it would help if the oven were hotter. I did like the broccoli filling just not the tomato. Made for Please Review my Recipe cooking tag game.
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup minced celery
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the broccoli in a small amount of water for about 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine broccoli with cheddar, breadcrumbs, celery, mayo, and salt.
- Take the stem off the top of each tomato. Carefully cut 5 wedges in each tomato without cutting all the way through the bottom - the wedges should stay connected at the bottom.
- Spoon equal amounts of the broccoli filling into each tomato. Gently press the wedges back toward the center of the tomato. Sprinkle each with some of the parmesan cheese.
- Place tomatoes in a shallow pan and bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes.