1/5 Photos of Broccoli Tomatoes
This recipe came from "Home Cookin' with Dave's Mom", modified just a bit to suit our taste. The book contains recipes from Dorothy Mengering, mother of late night talk show host David Letterman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam the broccoli in a small amount of water for about 3 minutes. Drain well.
- 2Combine broccoli with cheddar, breadcrumbs, celery, mayo, and salt.
- 3Take the stem off the top of each tomato. Carefully cut 5 wedges in each tomato without cutting all the way through the bottom - the wedges should stay connected at the bottom.
- 4Spoon equal amounts of the broccoli filling into each tomato. Gently press the wedges back toward the center of the tomato. Sprinkle each with some of the parmesan cheese.
- 5Place tomatoes in a shallow pan and bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.1
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 596.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g