Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
- Microwave broccoli, red peppers, and 2 tablespoons of water in covered casserole on high for 6 to 8 minutes, until broccoli is tender-crisp, stirring once, drain.
- Save juice for soup.
- Peel and section oranges, saving juice.
- Add grated peel and oil to orange juice.
- Microwave on high 20 to 30 seconds until bubbly.
- Stir orange sections into broccoli/pepper mixture.
- Cook uncovered for 30 seconds or until heated through.
- Drizzle with orange juice mixture.
I was attracted to this dish because I had all the ingredients on hand and it sounded so colorful, which it is. Also a breeze to make. Of course, one has to adjust the microwave time according to one's own microwave. The only thing I wasn't wild about was the addition of sesame oil. To my tastebuds it wasn't complimentary. My preference would be olive oil in this case. Thanks for a quick, colorful, healthy veggie dish!