Broccoli Soup - Down Home W/ the Neelys
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in heavy medium pot over medium-high heat.
- Add broccoli, onion, carrot, salt and pepper and saute until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, until the flour reaches a blonde color.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Simmer uncovered until broccoli is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Pour in cream.
- With an immersion blender, puree the soup.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste, and then replace the lid back on the pot.