Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 bunches broccoli
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry roasted sunflower seeds
- Mix mayo, sugar and vinegar (best if mixed night before).
- Pour dressing over other items (except sunflower seeds).
- Add sunflower seeds before serving.
Made for Spring PAC 2010, DH & I have long had a fave RZ broccoli salad & now we have 2. I made 2 chgs: 1) Green onions are rarely available here in Iceland, so I used diced red onion & 2) I esp favor using pine nuts in salads & had them on hand, so used them vs the sunflower seeds. This is easily made ahead as long as care is taken to add the cheese at the last moment to avoid the mushy cheese effect. This is an excellent recipe & a fave among my PAC choices. Thx for sharing your recipe w/us. :-)