Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe submitted by Cyndi Lauper in the book A Musical Feast. The rambling (yet charming) narrative implies that this is a family recipe that was handed down. I recently received rapini seeds as a gift and thanks to this tasty recipe I will definitely grow it again.
- Cook and drain pasta according to directions, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
- Cut bottom stems off rapini (about 3 inches) and chop into approx 1-1/2" pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan to medium-low heat and fry until aromatic.
- Add rapini and saute until tender.
- Optional: Add a small, and she stresses *small* like a drop of anchovie paste to cut the bitterness of the broccoli rob.
- Toss pasta into pan with 1/2 cup of cooking water and toss until cooking water is absorbed.
- Salt to taste and sprinkle with romano cheese.