Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick pesto recipe with a nice bright flavor. Great for summer, when vegetables and herbs are in season. This makes enough pesto for 1 pound pasta.
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, packed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer to food processor.
- Add basil, garlic, salt and pepper and puree until smooth.
- With processor running, stream in olive oil until well combined.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.