Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Southern Living recipe that is a hit with kids (and grownups)!
- 0.5 (16 ounce) packageuncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli durng last 3 minutes of cooking time; drain and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots, and saute 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in half-and-half. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in Parmesan cheese and next three ingredients until smooth. Stir in pasta and broccoli. Serve immediately.
Loved it! The only thing I will change next time I make this is to use less Basil. This is just for
our tastes. :)
We really enjoyed this Alfredo a lot! I liked the pepper flakes to give it a little zing! My family complimented the chef, so I wanted to let you know, we all loved it!
I love this! I made this to go with my chicken tonight and the flavors are great. I added a touch more red pepper flakes to suit our taste, a little salt, and used up the little fresh broccoli that I had in the fridge (not a full two cups worth). Otherwise, made as directed. I will certainly make this again! Thanks so much, KathyP53!