- 0.5 (16 ounce) packageuncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli durng last 3 minutes of cooking time; drain and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots, and saute 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in half-and-half. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in Parmesan cheese and next three ingredients until smooth. Stir in pasta and broccoli. Serve immediately.