My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the onion and slice thinly.
- 2Clean the broccoli well and remove any leaves from the stalks.
- 3Cut the stalks into thin medallions, and cut the florets into roughly 2-inch chunks.
- 4You may want to reserve 4 or 6 nice florets to steam and use as garnish in the finished soup bowls.
- 5Melt the butter in a 6-quart soup pot and add the onion and broccoli pieces.
- 6Sauté until softened, but don't brown the onion.
- 7Add the vermouth and let it come to a simmer.
- 8Grate the cheese (for a real treat, use Stilchester cheese if you can find it) and add to the soup pot.
- 9Purée in a food processor or with a hand held blender until well puréed and the cheese is incorporated.
- 10Return to the pot and add the milk or cream and add salt and white pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Gloucester Soup
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.8
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.8 g
- Cholesterol 147.9 mg
- Sodium 92.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
double Gloucester cheese