Recipe by Jogreen
Despite sounding weird, these are actually very tasty! They can be used as a side dish, or as a main meal with a salad and fresh bread. This makes approx 16 small fritters at 1/2 point each if you are following a weight watchers plan. Cooking time will depend on size of pan used. I have put the points for each ingredient beside it in brackets.
Top Review by SoupCookie
These were a great way to eat up the broccoli! I omitted the oil and added 2 more Tbsp. milk. I think next time I will add in some powdered ranch mix and sprinkle a bit of shredded cheddar on top. De-lish!
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 onion (roughly chopped, 0)
- 1 large garlic clove (chopped, 0)
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour (31/2)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk (1/4)
- 6 teaspoons oil (3)
- 1 eggs (1 or 0) or 2 egg whites (1 or 0)
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce (1/2)
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the broccoli until crisp tender.
- Add this to the onion and garlic in a food processor and pulse to chop (DO NOT PUREE) or chop the broccoli by hand.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the flour, salt, milk and oil.
- Add egg and sweet chilli sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Cook in spoonfuls in a non stick frypan with a light coating of cooking spray, until golden, turning to brown each side.