Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great side dish for any meal.
Make and share this Broccoli Cheese Squares recipe from Food.com.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan with the butter.
- Steam broccoli until partially cooked, about three minutes.
- Cool and press dry.
- Beat eggs and milk until frothy.
- Thoroughly mix dry ingredients.
- Stir into egg mixture.
- Fold in broccoli, cheese and onion.
- Spoon into baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes and cut into squares.
Barabra, I just this minute took this recipe out of the oven and wanted to come right away to let you know just how wonderful this broccoli is! It is so rich and cheesey and delicious! The broccoli is just the right texture balanced with the right amount of cheese! I followed your directions to the letter for excellent results! I wouldn't change a thing! Thank you, Barbara, for a great new recipe that I know I will be using time and time again in this house of broccoli lovers!
I have been making these with spinach(2 boxes of chopped spinach) for years. I only use 1 8oz block of cheddar cheese and then add about 1/4c of parmesan cheese. I like the flavor of the squares with the broccoli much better. My 3 year old will eat them either way. I usually cut the leftovers into squares and freeze them.
This wasn't bad, but it wasn't a square for me. It fell apart as I was taking it out from the pan and looked a little sad on the platter, laying in chunks like that. It tasted fine but I think I would put it in a smaller pan so that it was thicker and more square-like. I followed the recipe to a 't', but it just didn't work.