Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Received from former co-worker when I lived in Louisiana
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli, drained well
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- seasoning salt (or Tony Cachere's)
- Grease 9"x13" pan with butter.
- Beat eggs with milk till frothy.
- Thoroughly mix flour, baking powder and salt;stir into egg mixture mixing well.
- Fold in broccoli, cheese and onion.
- Spread mixture evenly into baking dish.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Bake 350 for approximately 35 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Let stand five minutes then cut into bite size pieces.