1/3 Photos of Broccoli & Cheddar Mini Quiches
From the All You Magazine Feb 2008. I'm saving it for future events planned in the Spring. I think it would be a great lunch item or even buffet item for parties and holiday gatherings. The article said to try different cheese or swap another veggie depending on your own likes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- 2Grease 10-12 cups in a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- 3Cook broccoli in a steamer basket over 1 inch of water for 6 minutes or microwave in a dish with a little water, cover and cook on HIGH until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4Let broccoli cool slightly, then chop into small pieces.
- 5In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, cream, eggs, and egg yolks.
- 6Stir in cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 7Add chopped broccoli to the mixture.
- 8Put muffin tin on baking sheet and then ladle egg mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup.
- 9Bake until lightly browned and no longer jiggly in center, about 25-35 minutes.
- 10Let cool slightly, then run a knife around each quiche.
- 11Place a clean baking sheet on top of muffin pan and invert to unmold quiches.
- 12Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli & Cheddar Mini Quiches
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.7
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 121.9 mg
- Sodium 227.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g