Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This takes minutes to throw together and everything is mixed in one bowl, sharp cheddar cheese is recommended to use for this, you may also sprinkle grated cheddar on top the last few minutes of baking --- to serve a crowd double the recipe and bake in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, I also add in some Tabasco sauce.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped (squeeze out excess moisture well using hands then coarsley chop)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (can use 1/2 cup each mayonnaise and sour cream, DO NOT use salad dressing)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4-1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 350 degrees F (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Butter a 9 x 9 or a 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine undiluted soup with mayonnaise, sour cream, beaten egg, garlic powder, chopped onion, seasoned salt and black pepper; whisk until well combined.
- Mix in the grated cheese and chopped broccoli.
- Spread into baking dish.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
My family will eat broccoli NOW! This was much tastier than most broccoli casseroles- and I didn't use the sour cream(per family's taste). I will be making this over and over. Thank You!
Oh. My. Gosh. This was soooo good! My husband and I had to make ourselves stop eating it after our 3rd helping. This will be made over and over again!
Made this for our family Thanksgiving dinner and it was a major hit even with the kids who are normally anti vegetable. Followed the recipe and would not change a thing. You did it again, thanks for another great recipe.