Broccoli Cauliflower With Garlic & Lemon (Italy)
- In a steamer cook the broccoli & cauliflower for 8 minutes or until just tender, then drain & run under cold water to stop the cooking. Drain again & set aside.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add the garlic & cook for 3 minutes, or until it is golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add drained vegetables & turn heat to high, cooking & stirring only when necessary, until vegetables begin to brown.
- Add lemon zest & cook another minute.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil & the lemon juice, then taste & adjust seasoning. Serve hot or at room temperature.