Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe originally came from my old cookbook on American Casseroles. This one dish can make a nice meal by itself. Recipe serves 14. Nice for company - goes a long way. Once the chicken is cooked and cut into pieces - the recipe goes together very fast.
- 3 lbs frozen chopped broccoli
- 5 cups cooked chicken, cut into small pieces
- 4 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a casserole dish sprayed with Pam, layer the broccoli and chicken until all used, beginning and ending with the broccoli.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over the broccoli and chicken.
- Bake at 325*F for 1 hour.
I made this recipe but substituted a store brand whipped salad dressing for the mayo. This flavor overpowered everything else and the result was a dinner that we didn't particularly care for. I would recommend that others not try this substitution, and I'm not giving a rating because I don't know how the dinner would have turned out if I'd followed the original recipe. On the positive side I can say that the chicken and broccoli turned out very tender.
Okay, first of all, I quartered the recipe to 4 servings. I used a mixture of green beens, broccoli, and carrots and used chicken thighs. Also, instead of curry powder, I used curry paste. Served over couscous spiced with more curry paste, pistacios, and rasins. Delicious!