1/4 Photos of Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
Serve this with a side of rice and you have your whole meal taken care of!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and butterflied (sliced through the middle-but not all the way through, to make a pocket)
- 354.88 ml steamed broccoli
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml milk
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese (or cubed Velveeta for a smoother sauce)
- 29.58 ml cream cheese
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese (not a typo, another 1/2 cup)
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 1Make cheese sauce: Melt butter in a small sauce pan, and then add flour and stir well.
- 2Add milk gradually, whisking constantly to avoid lumps.
- 3Add salt, pepper and garlic powder, and stir constantly until thickened.
- 4Add 1/2 cup cheddar and the cream cheese, and stir to melt.
- 5Add 1/4 cup of the broccoli pieces, and stir to combine.
- 6Make chicken: Open butterflied chicken pieces.
- 7Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- 8Place a bit of steamed broccoli and a bit of cheese in each.
- 9Fold over, and seal with toothpicks.
- 10Heat about 1-2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat, and brown chicken on all sides, until cooked thoroughly.
- 11Place chicken in a small casserole dish, and pour cheese sauce over.
- 12This may either be browned in the oven, or served as is.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.6
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 99.2 mg
- Sodium 359.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 23.4 g