1/1 Photo of Broccoli and Bow Tie Pasta
This is from an episode of Barefoot Contessa, I didn't find it posted, so I thought I'd copy it down here for "safe keeping". Quick, simple and GOOD!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups broccoli florets (4 heads)
- 1/2 lb bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Cook the broccoli for 3 minutes in a large pot of boiling salted water. Remove the broccoli from the water with a slotted spoon or sieve. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- 2In the same water, cook the bow-tie pasta according to the package directions, about 12 minutes. Drain well and add to the broccoli.
- 3Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, heat the butter and oil and cook the garlic and lemon zest over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Off the heat, add 2 teaspoons salt, the pepper, and lemon juice and pour this over the broccoli and pasta. Toss well. Season to taste, sprinkle with the pine nuts and cheese, if using, and serve.
- 4To toast pine nuts, place them in a dry saute pan over medium-low heat and cook, tossing often, for about 5 minutes, until light brown.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli and Bow Tie Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.0
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.6 mg
- Sodium 148.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 16.3 g