Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
Smoked Spanish paprika has an intense and unique flavor that is a basic ingredient in many Spanish dishes. This tapa combines roasted garlic, dry sherry and paprika with baked Brie cheese to make a soft, rich appetizer that could almost make a main dish itself. Serve on top of slices of a rustic baguette or allow guests to spread it. From About.com, Lisa & Toni Sierra, changed a bit. Looks really yummy, but I haven't tried it yet. Posted for ZWT 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove brie from refrigerator and packaging and allow to warm to room temperature.
- 2Roast one head garlic whole at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Use only half the garlic for the recipe.
- 3Squeeze garlic from the skins into a small mixing bowl. Place paprika in bowl and measure in the sherry. Smash the garlic with a fork, mixing together until a paste is formed. Add olive oil and mix.
- 4Once the brie is at room temperature, cut in half horizontally as if you were making a two-layer cake. Place on a sheet of aluminum foil. Remove top and spread roasted garlic-paprika mixture on lower half, like frosting. Replace the top of cheese and wrap the entire brie wheel in aluminum foil and place in hot oven for 15 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven when brie is soft and allow to cool a few minutes. Cut baguette into thin slices. Cut small slices of brie and place on top of sliced bread to serve.
- 6Note: Brie will be slippery and may be difficult to slice if too warm. If you prefer, cut the brie in half and serve on a plate with a small knife, allowing your guests to spread warm brie on slices of bread.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie Cheese With Roasted Garlic-Paprika Filling (Tapas)
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.7
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 1050.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 22.4 g