1/7 Photos of Brie & Bacon Omelet (Treasure Trove #10)
My treasure trove of long-lost, but newly found recipes will soon be exhausted. I am down to the last few that happen to all be breakfast dishes that esp appeal to me. As w/many of the others, I have no clue about the orig source of this recipe. (Times have been estimated. Prep time includes time to prepare ingredients & crisp the bacon. Cook time refers to cooking the omelets only.) Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Over med-low heat, melt butter in a 10-in ovenproof skillet or omelet pan, tilting pan to coat bottom & sides. Saute onion till tender (about 3 min).
- 2While onion is cooking, combine eggs, milk & pepper.
- 3Increase heat to med-high. Pour egg mixture into skillet & cook till edges begin to set.
- 4Using a fork, gently pull edges of the eggs away from the sides of the pan so the uncooked egg mixture flows under the cooked edges. Continue till most of the egg mixture is set & the surface of the omelet is just slightly wet.
- 5Sprinkle cheese, bacon & nuts over the top of the omelet. Fold in half, cut into 2 pieces & serve immediately.
- 6NOTE: Brie cheese & fresh fruit are often paired & serving this omelet w/your choice of fresh fruit was suggested.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie & Bacon Omelet (Treasure Trove #10)
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 719.4
- Calories from Fat 595
- Total Fat 66.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 516.9 mg
- Sodium 793.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 26.9 g