Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
For the holidays - these can be made up ahead of time and frozen.
- 1 lb phyllo dough
- 3⁄4-1 cup butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 10 ounces brie cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 10 slices bacon, fried crisp,crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut phyllo dough in half lengthwise.
- Keep half covered with plastic wrap and damp kitchen towel while working.
- Place two sheets of phyllo dough on work surface and brush with butter.
- Fold in half lengthwise and brush with more butter.
- Place 1 1/2 tsps cranberry sauce, 8 cubes Brie and nearly a tsp of crumbled bacon at the bottom of strip.
- Diagonally fold corner over filling, forming a triangle.
- Continue folding triangle shape up to the end.
- Brush with butter and place on a buttered jelly-roll pan.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo dough and filling.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes brfore serving.
This was such a delicious recipe! I made these for my holiday gathering and everyone loved them. I actually used wanton pastry and using a cookie cutter cut them into medium sized rounds. I baked them in a lightly sprayed mini-muffin tin this gave a sort of flowery croustade appearence. I filled each little flowery cup with brie and bacon topped with a dollop of cranberry sauce and continue to bake until the cups were a golden brown. I have seen this on the BBC done with Puff pastry and fried, but I enjoyed this much more. Thank you for posting this recipe. This is sure to become a holiday favourite!
These were excellent! Even if I did screw up. I accidentally bough spreadable swiss instead of brie (the package looked like brie).....so I just went with it. It was very good....I mixed the spreadable swiss with my homemade cranberry chutney, and mixed it with my mixer, then used my cookie dough dropper to put it on the phyllo dough. very impressive, quick, and excellent flavor.
I made this recipe, but cut the phyllo into 4 and made triangles. They were delicious both warm and cold. I will definetly be making these again; and experimenting with different cheeses. A great Thanksgiving appy! I am so excited to bring these to tonight's big dinner.