Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A yummy addition to any appetizer tray!
- 30 prepared tart shells, 3-inch size
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 5 ounces brie cheese, rind removed and cut into cubes
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups whipping cream
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Partially prebake tart shells according to package directions at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes; let cool.
- In a skillet, melt the butter; saute the red peppers until softened.
- Spoon into the tart shells; top with a cube of cheese, then some of the crumbled bacon.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs and cream; season with cayenne and salt to taste.
- Pour over the mixture in the tart shells; bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes or until the filling is firm.
- Serve immediately or freeze in an airtight container for future use.
- To reheat frozen tarts, bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
Using prepared tart shells certainly make this an easy appetizer - as a bonus, they're quite tasty! Thanx Irmgard!
Absolutely delicious tarts. The combination of the Brie, bacon and red pepper is divine. These would be great for a gathering of any kind. Thanks Irmgard!