Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An adaptation I've come up with that makes for the perfect companion to your choice of noodles. This is healthy, a little spicy, and absolutely delicious - its a whole new concept to the flavor of pasta sauce that you are going to love! Afterthought: DH just started weight watchers and this recipe using 0 point butter and calculating 1 cup of cooked vermicelli noodles per serving is only 10 points per serving.
- 453.59 g lean ground turkey
- 113.39 g sliced mushrooms, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 113.39 g sliced olives
- 907.18 g crushed tomatoes
- 170.09 g burgundy cooking wine
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine or 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1.23 ml tarragon
- 1.23 ml basil
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- Brown turkey in large pot. Drain and set aside (I usually just keep mine sitting in the colander :-).
- Melt the butter in the pot (or heat the olive oil, whichever you choose to use).
- Add the mushrooms, zucchini, jalapeno, onion, and red pepper. Add the taragon, basil, and garlic powder. Saute vegetables till tender.
- Add tomatoes, olives, and wine. Return turkey to pot.
- Simmer 15 minutes, let the aroma rouse your inner stomach growl, and serve over your favorite noodles!
Nice zesty sauce. To make the sauce even quicker than written, I adjusted for an electronic pressure cooker. The only other changes I made was sub'd italian sausage and red wine. Also added crushed garlic clove. Tasty recipe, thanks for sharing.