Recipe by piranhabriana
I call this my belt buster recipe because we seem to end up stuffing ourselves on it till our stomachs can't stretch anymore. This is really easy to throw in before work in the morning. I usually prepare mine the night before and stick my crock pot in the fridge and just pop it on the base in the morning. The house smells like heaven when I get home. The vegetable ingredients are not exact measurements, add as much or as little as you like! PS - This pot roast meat is one of the only meats I can get my 14-month-old to eat - I guess because it is fall-apart-in-your-mouth easy to chew. PPS - if you are careful on which seasoning mix you use, this is also a great lactose-free recipe
Top Review by Griffin_1012
I made this for dinner last night and, it was ever so good!!! I did make a change to suit my families tastes. I sub'd the beefy mushroom soup with cream of celery and it was still outstanding to us! Thank you for sharing Summer's Mommy, this will be in a regular rotation for us now.
- 2 lbs pork loin roast
- 15 baby carrots
- 10 new potatoes, quartered if you prefer (but not necessary)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) canscampbells beefy mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope beef stew seasoning
- water, to cover
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the soup and stew seasoning mix in a crock pot along with two soup-can-fulls of water.
- Add roast followed by vegetables.
- Add water to cover. (You may substitute beef broth for the water if you like.).
- Cook on low for at least 8 hours. I don't recommend cooking on high for less time - it just doesn't end up the same! But on low I have left it for as much as 12 hours without drying it out noticeably.
- Serve over white rice!