Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I believe I got this from Southern Living. It's super. I post it in response to a request in a forum.
- 4 fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 6 ounces dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- oregano leaves
- garlic powder
- Pour wine into saucepan; squeeze lemon into wine and reduce by half.
- Slice and wash mushrooms, place in pot with wine.
- When mushrooms are cooked (NOT OVERCOOKED) add chicken base to taste.
- Melt butter, stir into flour until smooth, add just enough to mushrooms to make thin sauce. (It should be mostly mushrooms.)
- Place breasts, one at a time, on firm surface.
- Cover with foil and pound flat.
- Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder, oregano and salt.
- Dust dry with flour.
- Beat eggs in bowl, batter chicken with eggs, and saute in skillet until golden brown.
- Place chicken in roasting pan.
- Heap individually with mushrooms and cheese and place in very hot oven or under broiler until cheese melts and browns.
- Serves 4.
Superb! This deserves 20 stars!
This is a 5 star recipe! Had 3 chicken breast on hand, (we're 3 adults) and made this last night. Oooh and ahhhhhh's came from my two experimental rats, ( their description, not mine). A nice change from same old, same old chicken
this is really good thanks for sharing dee