Start with a soft, fresh flour tortilla and within minutes you'll create a hot, wholesome breakfast. The possibilities are endless when creating this low calorie, scrumptious breakfast, brunch, or lunch.
- Preheat electric grill or panini press to medium hot temperature.
- Scramble the egg and cook the bacon or sausage. It's nice to have these ingredients pre-made and kept in airtight containers in the fridge.
- Regardless when you cook them, always start assembling the sandwich with precooked meats and eggs.
- Assemble the wrap by laying out the tortilla on a flat surface or large plate, brush with olive oil for taste if you prefer.
- Spoon on a few tablespoons of thawed chopped spinach or use a few leaves of fresh spinach.
- Sprinkle on grated cheese, any variety will do, or use sliced cheese if you prefer.
- Sprinkle on bacon or sausage crumbles, or strips of ham, etc.
- Add the cooked, scrambled egg.
- Then roll up the tortilla burrito style, by tucking each end and rolling to about 1 1/2 inch thickness so all ingredients are nicely wrapped and tucked inside.
- Spray the grill, if you must, with a little non-stick cooking spray and place the wrap(s) on the grill.
- Cook just until lightly toasted on each side, about three minutes.
- Serve with bruschetta, grated Parmesan cheese, avocado slices, salsa -- or leave off the toppings and make it "to go".
- No panini press or electric grill, no problem! Just place the wrap in a hot, non-stick skillet for a couple of minutes on each side, flipping once.
- The possibilities are endless with this sandwich. Make it completely vegan or all meat, use white flour, fat-free, or whole wheat tortillas, make it Mexican or Italian, chicken or turkey, use black beans, asparagus, sour cream, or cheddar.