Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
Start with a soft, fresh flour tortilla and within minutes you'll create a hot, wholesome breakfast. The possibilities are endless when creating this low calorie, scrumptious breakfast, brunch, or lunch.
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 1⁄2 ounce of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 scrambled egg
- 1 strip bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon ready-made bruschetta
- Preheat electric grill or panini press to medium hot temperature.
- Scramble the egg and cook the bacon or sausage. It's nice to have these ingredients pre-made and kept in airtight containers in the fridge.
- Regardless when you cook them, always start assembling the sandwich with precooked meats and eggs.
- Assemble the wrap by laying out the tortilla on a flat surface or large plate, brush with olive oil for taste if you prefer.
- Spoon on a few tablespoons of thawed chopped spinach or use a few leaves of fresh spinach.
- Sprinkle on grated cheese, any variety will do, or use sliced cheese if you prefer.
- Sprinkle on bacon or sausage crumbles, or strips of ham, etc.
- Add the cooked, scrambled egg.
- Then roll up the tortilla burrito style, by tucking each end and rolling to about 1 1/2 inch thickness so all ingredients are nicely wrapped and tucked inside.
- Spray the grill, if you must, with a little non-stick cooking spray and place the wrap(s) on the grill.
- Cook just until lightly toasted on each side, about three minutes.
- Serve with bruschetta, grated Parmesan cheese, avocado slices, salsa -- or leave off the toppings and make it "to go".
- No panini press or electric grill, no problem! Just place the wrap in a hot, non-stick skillet for a couple of minutes on each side, flipping once.
- The possibilities are endless with this sandwich. Make it completely vegan or all meat, use white flour, fat-free, or whole wheat tortillas, make it Mexican or Italian, chicken or turkey, use black beans, asparagus, sour cream, or cheddar.
Made this as written only adding a little salsa and avocado slices on top. This made for a quick and delicious breakfast. You could add about anything you would like maybe some diced ham and of course next time for me onions. Thank you for posting...Made for My Three Chefs June 2012 tag game.