Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: I love haystacks and wanted to make a fun Tex-Mex version for my family. These turned out great! Adding Panko crumbs and cheese to the hash browns before cooking gave them a wonderful golden brown color and texture. Yum. The presentation was top notch but they disappeared to quickly for anyone to notice but me!
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup mexican cheese, shredded blend
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- Mix the hash browns, salt, 1 teaspoon cumin, chili powder,Panko and cheese in a bowl and stir with a spatula.
- Heat the oil in a large 10-12 inch skillet over medium heat until hot. Divide the potato mixture into 4 servings and drop into the hot oil. Cook 3 minutes on 1 side and turn each stack and continue to cook until golden on both sides. When done remove from oil and place on dish . Cover with foil.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick skillet over low heat. . Add the eggs one at a time and cook 2-3 minutes and flip. They should be over easy.
- While they are cooking mix the sour cream in a small bowl with the cilantro,reserved cumin, tomatoes, and the whites of the scallions.
- When the eggs are done prepare each stack. Plate 1 haystack on a small dish, top with an egg , 2 tablespoons salsa, a slice of bacon cut in half and crossed and a dollop of the sour cream garnished with the greens from the scallions. Yield: 4.
Yum, sounds delicious!
I just found this, a must try!
Looks awesome!!!!!! A "must try"!!!