1/1 Photo of Breakfast Salad With Soft Boiled Egg
I found this salad on pinterest, and made it last night, and let me say it is impressive! I was skeptical at first that my husband would like it, but he loved it and wanted me to add this one to my cookbook! Very delicious, make sure not to skimp on the homemade croutons, they really make this salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices bread (I used sourdough)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 bacon, slices (cooked crisp and chopped or torn into pieces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts or 2 tablespoons pecans
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1For the cinnamon toast croutons, cut up bread into 1 inch chunks, and toss with melted butter and cinnamon in a bowl.
- 2Bake on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees until crispy, or you can oven broil them for about 2 minutes, then shake the pan to loosen croutons and broil for another 2 minutes, or until crispy. Make sure to watch closely so they don't burn.
- 3To make the vinaigrette, mix together apple cider vinegar, olive oil and maple syrup until blended.
- 4For the soft boiled eggs, boil a saucepan of water then carefully add the eggs, and boil for for about 5-7 minutes, depending on how soft you want them. When done, rinse under cold water and peel carefully.
- 5To assemble the salad, add 2 cups of lettuce into each bowl, then add the bacon, cinnamon toast croutons, nuts, vinaigrette and top with an egg.
- 6Serve right away and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Brunch Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Salad With Soft Boiled Egg
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.1
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 227.4 mg
- Sodium 442.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 12.4 g