Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this salad on pinterest, and made it last night, and let me say it is impressive! I was skeptical at first that my husband would like it, but he loved it and wanted me to add this one to my cookbook! Very delicious, make sure not to skimp on the homemade croutons, they really make this salad.
- 2 slices bread (I used sourdough)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 bacon, slices (cooked crisp and chopped or torn into pieces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts or 2 tablespoons pecans
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- For the cinnamon toast croutons, cut up bread into 1 inch chunks, and toss with melted butter and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees until crispy, or you can oven broil them for about 2 minutes, then shake the pan to loosen croutons and broil for another 2 minutes, or until crispy. Make sure to watch closely so they don't burn.
- To make the vinaigrette, mix together apple cider vinegar, olive oil and maple syrup until blended.
- For the soft boiled eggs, boil a saucepan of water then carefully add the eggs, and boil for for about 5-7 minutes, depending on how soft you want them. When done, rinse under cold water and peel carefully.
- To assemble the salad, add 2 cups of lettuce into each bowl, then add the bacon, cinnamon toast croutons, nuts, vinaigrette and top with an egg.
- Serve right away and enjoy!