Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Taste of Home. I found some great pitas and I'm looking at different recipes to try and posting here for safekeeping.
- 236.59 ml cooked ham, cubed
- 78.07 ml onion, chopped
- 78.07 ml green pepper, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2 pita breads, halved and warmed (6 inches)
- In a large skillet, saute the ham, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Add the cheese, seasoned salt and pepper. Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Spoon into pita halves.
What a wonderfully filling breakfast, the only change I made was to split the pita bread cut it into wedges, spray with a little oil and bake them till crisp in the oven and use them as scoops to eat with the egg and even then I could not get through it all though I used 4 very small eggs so next time 1 regular egg or 2 of the very small ones for me, thank you Boomette, made for I Recommend tag game and recommended by weekend cooker.
A yummy recipe for breakfast on the go! Thanks for posting.
This is exactly the sort of breakfast that DH and I enjoy on a lazy weekend.
Minimal prep and plenty of flavour without being too heavy on the old stomach..perfect way to start the day.
Thanks Boomie! Made for 123 Hits.