Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very healthy muffin recipe given to me by my cousin.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup sour milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups natural bran
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 1⁄2 chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 f (200 C).
- Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, oil, buttermilk, egg, and molasses in large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups.
- Bake@ 400 f for 15 to 20 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Freezing: excellent.
We loved this muffin - what a nice crunch the seeds all give. I would like to try it with some pumpkin or squash seeds added. My muffin tin must be too small - because it filled all 12 cups and two additional ones. However, they were so full they overflowed while baking. So they should not be filled more than 3/4 full.
Very moist bran muffin. Used oatbran instead of wheat(what I had in cupboard). will make again,thank you for sharing