1 hr 15 mins
Found this on the web, and family thought it was a really good breakfast casserole. My hubby wants me to add sliced jalepenos the next time I make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) package hash brown potatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) package sausage links (uncooked)
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2-2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese or 1 1/2-2 cups mild cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Grease the bottom and sides of a 13" x 9" pan with vegetable oil.
- 2In a bowl, add hash browns and vegetable oil. Mix until potatoes are evenly coated. Press potatoes into bottom and up sides of pan. Put into center of oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- 3In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, baking powder, salt and pepper. Add diced onion and mix. Pour egg mixture over pre-baked potatoes. Place two rows of sausage links on top egg mixture down the length of the pan. Cover and place in oven.
- 4Bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is firm. Remove from oven, uncover. Top with cheese and parsley. Return to oven uncovered and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven; allow to set 5-10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Link Bake
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.5
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 317.0 mg
- Sodium 1040.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 22.4 g