Recipe by Ridgely
I came across this recipe and had to give it a try. What a delicious and easy way to have eggs. This is a great recipe to teach the kids to make so they can make breakfast on their own. *I wanted to add that veggie spray works well and I most often use 1 whole egg and 1 egg white mixed together for a healthier approach- you can't tell the difference!
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon water
- 1 -2 egg
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 slice bacon, cooked (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter in 12 oz. microwave safe mug or small bowl.
- Microwave on High 30-45 seconds, or until melted.
- Add egg (s), milk, salt and pepper.
- Stir or whip with a fork.
- Microwave one egg on High 35 to 45 seconds; two eggs 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 minutes, or until eggs begin to set, stirring with fork to break apart after half of the time.
- Remove eggs when they are still soft and moist. (you may have to play with the time depending on your microwave) Let stand about 2 minutes.
- While eggs are standing crumble bacon and add to eggs.
- Eggs will firm up while standing.
- If desired sprinkle with shredded cheese during standing time.