Recipe by Ozzy
A traditional English breakfast in an omelette! What better way to start the day? Not so healthy but very very tasty :-)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- chives (to garnish)
- 175 g flat mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices streaky bacon, sliced
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 4 small cooked potatoes, cubed
- 4 small tomatoes, halved
- 4 medium eggs
- 125 g cheddar cheese, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat ½ the oil in a large frying pan, add the mushrooms, bacon and onion and fry for about 5 minutes until golden.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and fry the potatoes for 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Increase the heat, stir in the tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Return the mushroom mixture to the pan and season to taste.
- Make 4 holes in the mixture and carefully break an egg into each hole.
- Scatter over the cheese and place under a preheated hot grill for 4–5 minutes or until the eggs are set and the cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Sprinkle over the chives and serve.