Recipe by Shutterbugds
This is a recipe my husband found on the website of the Mountain Top Lodge in Dahlonega Georgia. It is a nice company or holiday breakfast that is easy to fix. It is also easy to vary the ingredients depending on what you have on hand...works well with either shredded or country style potatoes.
Top Review by StacyMD187373
Pretty tasty breakfast. I served with a piece of toast and some bacon. I used all cheddar since that's what I had in the fridge and used yellow onion sauteed with the potatoes since I didn't have green onion and left off tomato since we do not like them. This was tasty, but will not replace my usual breakfast casserole. I wish I would've browned it a little more under the broiler to get the top a little crispy. Thanks for sharing! Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game.
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet with an oven safe handle.
- Add potatoes and cook per package.
- Beat together eggs, milk, salt , and pepper and pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes and onions. (I usually like to add a few more tomatoes.).
- Cover and cook over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses and continue to cook until the center is set.
- Heat the broiler and broil the frittata 6 inches from the heat until lightly browned.
- Let stand on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.