Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love Breakfast Club Sandwiches and I saw the one of Ricardo's at Food Network--his looks even better.
- 18 slices bacon (about a 1 lb package)
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 18 slices tomatoes
- 12 leaves boston lettuce
- 12 slices sandwich bread
- Put the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- Line a 15x10 inch (38x25 cm) dish with a sheet of parchment paper and let the sheet of paper go beyond each of the edges.
- Oil the sheet and the sides of the dish.
- Spread the slices of bacon on the cooking plate.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until they are a golden color and crisp.
- Drain excess fat on a paper towel. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and 1/4 cup (60 ml) of mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the cooking dish and bake from 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly moist.
- Cut the omelette in 6 portions. Set aside.
- Turn off the oven and return the bacon to the oven to reheat it.
- Assembly : Toast 3 slices of bread and spread mayonnaise on the surfaces.
- On one slice of bread, put the egg and three slices of bacon.
- Cover with a second slice of bread. Put 3 slices of tomato and 2 leaves of lettuce.
- Complete the assembly with a third slice of bread.
- Put a toothpick in each of the 4 corners of the sandwich and cut into triangles.
- Repeat the operation with the rest of the ingredients.
No identity crisis here...definitely breakfast food! My husband loved this on this Father's Day morn. Made for Everyday is a Holiday.
I scaled this back for 1 and cooked the bacon in the oven but cooked the egg in a small frypan on the stove top otherwise made as per recipe though I only cut it in half and the DM and I shared as I would have struggled getting through a full sandwich and we were both more than satisfied with half a sandwich each and enjoyed a filling and delicious breakfast, thank you Boomette made for Photo Tag tag game.