Recipe by Noni Suzanne
This is a great breakfast casserole for company as you can make it ahead and pop it in the oven an hour before you need it. It also makes for a great brunch dish...I always make it for Christmas just to have something good and handy to eat whenever the kids show up. Then later comes the big dinner!
Top Review by carrie.77.metcalfe
Definite keeper! We always had cinnamon rolls for christmas morning, it was tradition, but after my dad was diabetic, there came a point when that just wasnt an option anymore. So I set out to find something everyone would like, was diabetic friendly, but fed us and was super easy to make. When I came upon this recipe, I though, perfect! I made it the day before, had it in the fridge ready to go, and while we opened presents breakfast baked in the oven! It smelled good, it taste good, it was a hit, even for my picky ol'diabetic dad, lol!
- 793.78 g bag O'Brien potatoes
- 453.59 g bacon, fried and crumbled
- 6 eggs
- 473.18 ml milk
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with Pam.
- Prepare potatoes as directed.
- While preparing potatoes, fry, cool, and crumble bacon -- or use the pre-cooked "real" bacon from Costco in the "cold section".
- Spread potatoes in pan.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, then pour over potatoes.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Scatter the crumbled bacon over the top of the cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 approx 50-60 minutes.
- Check often and if getting browner than you like, just cover with foil.