Prep 9 hrs
Cook 1 hr
We like to make this on special occasions or when we have company. However, all the recipes I have found had way too much bread in them and always came out dry and stuck to the pan. This is my own creation which came out perfect! I used sage sausage but you could really use any flavor you like. Serve with fruit and rolls or toast. Yummy!
- 1 (16 ounce) carton Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 egg
- 3 slices multi-grain bread, cubed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb breakfast sausage, browned and crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- Brown sausage in pan and drain onto a plate covered with a paper towel.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Generously coat 8x8 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place mixture into pan and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour (uncovered). Test with a toothpick - if it comes out clean - it's done!
- Slice and serve. Enjoy!
- Prep time includes refrigerating overnight (8 hours).
This was delicious. I made it as posted. Made it the night before, cooked it in the morning. Everyone loved it. Definitely will make this again! Thanks for posting.