Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A B & B recipe adapted from the internet. An excellent choice for breakfast that can be made ahead.
- 2 (1 lb) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Allow dough to rise until doubled.
- In skillet, cook and crumble sausage. Add mushrooms and onion. Cook and stir until sausage is browned and veggies are tender. Drain and cool.
- Add 2 eggs, cheese, and seasonings to sausage mixture, mix well.
- Roll each loaf into 16x12-inch square. Spread half of the sausage mixture on each within 1 inch of edge. Roll jelly-roll style, starting at narrow (short) end. Seal edges. Place on greased baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350º for 25 minutes. Beat 1 egg. Brush with beaten egg and bake 5 to 10 minutes more. Can be frozen and reheated.