Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I make this when I need a change from my breakfast of oatmeal. You can use any dried fruit that you would like. I serve this either hot or cold with a little bit of milk poured over the top.
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1⁄4 cup orange-flavored dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl combine bulgar, cranberries, cherries, and raisins.
- Pour boiling water over bulgar and fruit and let sit for about 30 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- Fluff bulgar with a fork and add the rest of the ingredients, stir to combine.
- Serve either hot or cold with a slpash of milk poured over the top.