Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
The use of cranberries instead of raisins & the sauce make this bread pudding recipe a cut above the ordinary. I received this recipe from a friend at church.
- 473.18 ml milk, scalded
- 946.36 ml bread, in pieces
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1 box vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- Pour hot milk over bread& allow to cool.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Pour into a buttered 1 1/2 qt casserole Bake one hour at 350F.
- Sauce: Cook vanilla pudding following directions on box& pour over cooked pudding.
- Serve warm.
nice and easy bread pudding recipes with dried cranberry..
I made a double batch of this to use up extra milk and a mix of different rolls I had hanging around. It turned out excellent!! Added extra dried cranberries like the other reviewer did, which really was fantastic. And I cut back on the sugar a little bit and it was still plenty sweet. Instead of the pudding (had none on hand) we topped it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream which worked perfectly. This recipe was easy, very tasty and definitely a keeper!!
I used a hearty & heavy whole wheat bread (crust & all) for this recipe & also increased the amount of dried cranberries to 3/4 cup (love those buggers!) ~ GREAT TASTING BREAD PUDDING! The pudding topping was a nice twist to this keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my You Call It Pudding, I Call It Delicious! theme in the current My 3 Chefs event]