Top Review by Bobtail
Had 1/2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts left over after our Church's auction and just knew I would find a recipe on Zaar to use them up besides the old fashioned way of "feeding my face" with each one :) I had one half of this recipe and it was delicious and easy. Hard to halve an egg, so I used one, but would probably use 2 and a little more milk next time. However it was very good and easy! Thanks SmHerndon!
- 1 dozen krispy kreme doughnut
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- ground nutmeg, to taste
- cinnamon, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract, to taste
- 1⁄4 lb raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease pan. Cut each doughnut into pieces. Place in bottom of pan.
- In bowl, beat together eggs and milk.
- In separate bowl, stir together nutmeg and cinnamon (equal parts), sugar, vanilla and raisins. Spread atop doughnuts. Pour egg mixture over all. Stir and let sit about 30 minutes; stir again.
- Bake in 350° oven 20-30 minutes, until pudding is brown.
- NOTE that doughnuts cut better if refrigerated 2-3 days prior.