Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is an old recipe I have made forever and my daughters favorite. I am putting this here for safe keeping so she can copy off from here.
- 1 round loaf Italian bread, unsliced (8 to 10 inches)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) can mild green chilies, drained & chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preaheat oven 350 degrees.
- Slice off top of bread; reserve hollow-out insides; leaving 1/2 inch shell.
- Cut removed bread into cubes; Place bread cubes on cookie sheet and spray with pam, bake cubes until golden brown, stirring occasionally; Set aside.
- Combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese and sour cream in bowl.
- Stir in ham, green onions, chilies and Worcestershire.
- Spoon into bread shell.
- Tightly wrap loaf with a couple layers of foil.
- Set on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour or until filling is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Unwrap & transfer to platter.
- Remove top of bread.
- Stir filling before serving.
- Use toasted cubes for dipping as well as raw vegetables.
- If the shell is left, toast slices in oven, excellent for a snack!
My daughter loves this, we call it "Grammy's Bread Pot Fondue" as it's been passed down from her. The only differences in our recipe is we add 1 chopped jalapeno and 1 chopped red bell pepper.