Recipe by CIndytc
This is an old recipe I have made forever and my daughters favorite. I am putting this here for safe keeping so she can copy off from here.
Top Review by Chef MurphyGirl
My daughter loves this, we call it "Grammy's Bread Pot Fondue" as it's been passed down from her. The only differences in our recipe is we add 1 chopped jalapeno and 1 chopped red bell pepper.
- 1 round loaf Italian bread, unsliced (8 to 10 inches)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) can mild green chilies, drained & chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preaheat oven 350 degrees.
- Slice off top of bread; reserve hollow-out insides; leaving 1/2 inch shell.
- Cut removed bread into cubes; Place bread cubes on cookie sheet and spray with pam, bake cubes until golden brown, stirring occasionally; Set aside.
- Combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese and sour cream in bowl.
- Stir in ham, green onions, chilies and Worcestershire.
- Spoon into bread shell.
- Tightly wrap loaf with a couple layers of foil.
- Set on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour or until filling is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Unwrap & transfer to platter.
- Remove top of bread.
- Stir filling before serving.
- Use toasted cubes for dipping as well as raw vegetables.
- If the shell is left, toast slices in oven, excellent for a snack!