1/8 Photos of Bread Machine Pizza Crust
I'm adding this recipe for the benefit of friends and family because I have this recipe memorized! This is based on Laura Brody's recipe from her book, Bread Machine Baking. This one is customized for the Panasonic/National. I also didn't divide the dough into 2 pieces -- I simply use the entire dough to make a thick-crusted pizza that fits the dimension of my pizza stone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup cornmeal (plus another tablespoon for dusting pizza paddle or cookie sheet)
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3 cups unbleached white flour (made from hard wheat)
- 1 1/4 cups water (plus an additional 1 or 2 tablespoons if the mixture looks dry and crumbly after the first 10 minute)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1Place all ingredients in the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- 2Program the machine for the dough setting and press start.
- 3After the cycle completes, remove the dough from the machine and let it rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- 4If you have a pizza stone or tiles, place them on the middle rack of the oven.
- 5Preheat the oven to 450 degrees farenheit.
- 6Sprinkle either a wooden pizza paddle or a heavy-duty cookie sheet with additional cornmeal.
- 7Use your hands or a floured rolling pin to form a flat 10- to 12-inch disk.
- 8Place the rolled-out dough onto either the pizza paddle (if using) or the cookie sheet.
- 9Optional: place shredded cheese, such as mozzarella, around the perimeter and roll the dough over the cheese for a thick cheese-filled border.
- 10Add the toppings of your choice (I frequently just top with canned pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, sausage and/or pepperoni, sliced mushrooms and olives).
- 11Slide the pizza onto the hot stone or tiles (if using) or slide the cookie sheet into the oven.
- 12Bake for 18 minutes (or adjust the time based on how you divided the dough and on the thickness of the crust).
- 13Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Machine Pizza Crust
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.6
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 780.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.1 g