Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My girls ages 7, 6, and 4 help me roll them!! A perfect fall Sunday afternoon activity.
Make and share this Bread Machine Doughnuts recipe from Food.com.
- Place ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer and set to dough setting.
- When cycle is done, remove dough, punch down and let rest 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut with floured doughnut cutter.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and let rise about 1 hour or until very light.
- Fry in preheated 375*F (190*C) oil, a few at a time, about 1 minute, each side.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Glaze or dust with powdered sugar, as desired.
- Makes about 24 doughnuts.
I made these doughnuts last night as I have just started experimenting with my bread machine. When the dough was finished I thought I wasn't going to get it right as it seemed quite sticky - but we were so pleased. We loved these!!! They are a definite for again.
Yumm - these were fantastic. I just used a glass to cut them out, then after cooked rolled in caster sugar & cinnamon, and piped in some jame - delicious!
These were very easy to make and tasted great, too. I will look for a larger donut cutter--the one I used was only about 2 inches in diameter, and the doughnuts only took about 30 seconds per side, instead of 60 seconds.